Monday, January 18, 2010

A Handful of Truth




Like most Americans I believe that human beings are born with the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

"..the inalienable rights of life..."

Ask any dog breeder when life begins and they will answer - "When the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall." How then can we so adamantly protect our unborn puppies and fight for the right to allow our dogs to reproduce while we hypocritically allow the destruction of unborn human children?

You may disagree with me on this subject. I understand. The me of twenty years ago disagreed too.

But there is only one truth. Maybe I'm just finally old enough to see it clearly.

On the other hand, I have always known the truth about dogs. Highly adaptable, deeply intelligent, dogs understand much more of what we say and think than most people give them credit for. No creature on earth was better designed to walk with man than dog.

The dog has no cares for status. His only desire is to share his life with one special person. That is their truth - the Dogs honest truth. Somehow I have always seen this clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment